Monday, September 8, 2008
As many of your know, Tonya was asked to fill in at Camp Da Capo as the fourth flute player in a Chamber Flute Quartet. What a blessing this has been for Tonya. This allowed her some time away which she rarely gets. During this weekend she was able to connect with many wonderful musicians from around the state of Kansas. And actually one of the flutist plays in the Wichita Professional Wind Ensemble that Tonya recently re-auditioned for...which she made the sub list for (hopefully she can sub soon). Several hours were dedicated to rehearsing for a Sunday afternoon recital, several hours were available to listen to professional musicians on a vast list of topics. One of the instructors even push Tonya out of her comfort zone...YIKES! Of course I thanked Andrea for her dedication to helping other musicians improve by pushing them a little more. (She kept thinking to herself...how far can I push Tonya before she blows up.) Well after about 15 or so hours, this is what the Quartet performed. I hope you enjoy as we did. I believe the name of the piece is Rose Cottage from A Gaelic Offering by Catherine McMichael.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WONDERFUL!
I wish I had been there!
I'm so glad you still play!!! I have gotten my flute out again lately. I love to practice it!! =)
Post a Comment